Obama defended his war policies by suggesting they merely continue his predecessor’s practices, for all the Obama Kool-Aid Drinkers, this is George Bush. Obama’s explanation came in an interview with Katie Couric just before the Super Bowl. Obama dispatched 17,000 troops to Afghanistan last spring and another 30,000 troops to Afghanistan after Christmas. Obama increased the troop level by 50% and MSM has never said a word about it, did Katie Courie mention this? I’m sure if she receives a $15 Million salary, she would have mentioned something about Obama’s troop surge. Oh! Did I mention, when Bush sent troops to Afghanistan/Iraq the MSM called this an, “Illegal War.” Media called this a hastily passed Authorization for the Use of Military Force (AUMF) voted by Congress back in October 2001. But, it’s justified now Obama, a Democrat, is in office. Plain HYPOCRISY! Did $15 Million a year Katie Courie mention that Obama accepted the Nobel Peace Prize nine days after he announced he would send 30,000 more troops to Afghanistan?
Bush’s justification for attacking Afghanistan was that it was harboring Osama bin Laden and training terrorists. What is Obama’s justification? After Bush demanded that the Taliban turn over bin Laden to the United States, the Taliban’s ambassador to Pakistan said his government wanted proof that bin Laden was involved in the 9/11 attacks before deciding whether to extradite him. The 9/11 Commission Report reveal, whenever the Commission referred to evidence of bin Ladin’s responsibility for the 9/11 attacks, the Commission was always referring to CIA-provided information,
Bin Ladin . . . finally decided to give the green light for the 9/11 operation sometime in late 1998 or early 1999. . . . Bin Ladin also soon selected four individuals to serve as suicide operatives. . . . Atta – whom Bin Ladin chose to lead the group – met with Bin Ladin several times to receive additional instructions, including a preliminary list of approved targets: the World Trade Center, the Pentagon, and the U.S. Capitol.17
The Taliban did not deliver bin Laden, and Bush began bombing Afghanistan. What is Obama’s excuse? ” If Operation Enduring Freedom” was not legitimate self-defense under the UN Charter because the 9/11 attacks were crimes against humanity, not “armed attacks” by another country, why has Obama decided to continue this war? By the way NATO is preparing for a major battle in Marjah this month. The MSM calls the U.S. invasion of Afghanistan illegal as well as the invasion of Iraq. America saw this invasion as a justifiable response to the attacks of September 11, 2001. Time magazine called it “The Right War.” Obama even campaigned on ending the Iraq war, which he did, but he escalating the war in Afghanistan. Remember, this is an Illegal War!
Obama is claiming that Afghanistan is part of the “epicenter of the violent extremism practiced by al Qaeda” in the world. A speech by Obama does not make a war legal. The Afghan War that began in 2001 was supported by a Congressional resolution premised on the Taliban harboring Al Qaeda. When Al Qaeda moved to Pakistan, as stated by General David Petraeus in May, the war lost its legitimacy. Since taking office, Obama has not reinstituted the applicability of the Geneva Conventions to Afghanistan.
Obama’s failure to sign an executive order to inform military commanders that the Geneva Conventions apply to the Afghan War means that other war crimes are ongoing:
- failure to provide battlefield officers with appropriate legal advice (violating Article 82 to the 1st Protocol to the Geneva Conventions of 1977)
- failure of commanding officers to report battlefield offenses to their superiors (violating Article 87(1) of the 1st Protocol to the Geneva Conventions of 1949)
- failure of commanding officers to discipline or prosecute subordinates who commit war crimes on the battlefield (violating Article 87(3) of the 1st Protocol to the Geneva Conventions of 1949)
- failure of commanding officer to ensure that subordinates understand Geneva Convention obligations (violating Article 87(2) of the 1st Protocol to the Geneva Conventions of 1949)
- failure to prosecute commanding officers for not stopping battlefield offenses (violating Article 86 of the 1st Protocol to the Geneva Conventions of 1949).
Under Obama, the Pentagon claims the right to engage in preemptive war, no different from the Iraq War. 37 types of war crimes were committed while Bush was in office. Today, under Obama, several provisions of the Geneva and Hague Conventions are being violated by ongoing combat in actions that are clearly war crimes. You don’t hear about these because the MSM has kept the public focus on Michelle’s fashion, health care reform, Tiger Woods sex scandals, why GOOGLE show Michelle Obama as a chimp, Lady Gaga, Democrat/Republican disagreements, Sarah Palin hand notes, and every time you mention action avoid by this Emptysuit, MSM and Liberals label you as a “racist.” I’m going to continue my posting on how this Emptysuit has fooled America as long as I can. The most deadly war crimes involve the use of aircraft to bomb targets. These aircraft are called “drones.” Obama started drone attacks on January 23, 2009, right after he settled in office. This attack killed at least 15 people inside Pakistan. From that point, Obama has continued to used “drones” to carry out attacks. On August 5, 2009, a wedding party was bombed in Helmand Province, killing 5 in attendance. On September 4, 2009, some 70 civilians were killed by a NATO airstrike in Kunduz Province. In addition, journalist Nancy Youssef reported on September 11 that schools have been destroyed. The attacks constitute several war crimes. Do you hear any MSM or Liberal talking about War Crimes against Obama? HELL NO!
- destruction of undefended targets (violating Article 25 of the Second Hague Convention of 1899)
- excessive and indiscriminate attacks on civilians (violating Article 51 of the 1st Protocol to the Geneva Conventions of 1949)
- excessive military force (violating Article 57 of the 1st Protocol to the Geneva Conventions
- death by bombing is a form of extrajudicial execution (violating Article 6 of the Covenant on Civil and Political Rights of 1967)
- failure to warn the authorities before bombardments (violating Article 26 of the Second Hague Convention of 1899)
- failure to compensate for unjustified attacks on persons and property (violating Article 3 of the Fourth Hague Convention of 1907).
On September 7, 2009, under Obama, troops of the U.S. Army’s 10th Mountain Division went to a hospital in Wardak Province of Afghanistan, kicked in the doors, tied up four hospital employees and two family members of patients, and forced patients out of beds during a fruitless search for members of the Taliban. The incident constituted two more war crimes:
- Failure to observe the neutrality of a hospital (violating Article 1 of the Red Cross Convention of 1864)
- Failure to observe the neutrality of hospital employees (violating Article 9 of the 1929 Geneva Convention).
Journalist Jeremy Scahill reports that the Afghan War is being fought by mercenaries, who outnumber American troops. One use of mercenaries, is to put bombs on pilotless aircraft that have killed civilians. Another use is to shoot to kill on a public street, as in Kabul on May 5. The very use of mercenaries constitutes two more war crimes:
- funding war mercenaries (violating Article 5 of the International Convention Against the Recruitment, Use, Financing, and Training of Mercenaries of 1993)
- allowing mercenaries to engage in combat (violating Article 3 of the Convention on Mercenaries of 1993).
Obama’s war in Afghanistan, and especially his decision to intensify it dramatically, is being conducted illegally, without any actual authorization from Congress, as required by the Constitution. He is getting full support from MSM to justify his claim. As a constitutional lawyer, Obama knows that he is acting illegally. Did $15 Million a year Katie Courie ask Obama these questions? Do you hear any of the Obama Ass Kissing Bloggers addressing this? Do you hear any MSM addressing this issue? HELL NO!
Get Emptysuit On Twitter
Click On Links:
Liberal’s Anti-War Hypocrisy.?
Obama And Baghdad Suicide Bombers
The Afghanistan War
NATO/Taliban Braced For Battle Of Marjah
Obama Ignore Nigeria Killings, Like Clinton
Did With Rwanda (WARNING GRAPHIC VIDEO)
Iraq Car Bombing Kill 147, Wound Over 700
Six Bomb Blasts In Baghdad Kills 95 Wound 536
Peshawar Car Bomb Kills 91
Guantánamo Bay Still Open
The House Negro And The Field Negro
Bush Billboard, Miss Me Yet?
U.S. Afghanistan Raid Gone Bad
Obama Early Troop Removal
Obama Announces $6B Arms Sale To Taiwan